This project is read-only.

Error when run source code

Apr 13, 2012 at 9:55 AM

I downloaded source code (SageFrame V2.0 Source) and when i try to run in VS2010 I get next errors:

Error    1    'SageFrame.Core.Properties.Settings' does not contain a definition for 'sageFreshConnectionString' and no extension method 'sageFreshConnectionString' accepting a first argument of type 'SageFrame.Core.Properties.Settings' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)    E:\SageFrame\SageFrameV2_Source\SageFrame.Core\SageFrame.ListManagement\ListManagement.designer.cs    36    61    SageFrame.Core
Error    2    Metadata file 'E:\SageFrame\SageFrameV2_Source\SageFrame.Core\bin\Debug\SageFrame.Core.dll' could not be found    SageFrame.Pages
Error    3    Metadata file 'E:\SageFrame\SageFrameV2_Source\SageFrame.Core\bin\Debug\SageFrame.Core.dll' could not be found    SageFrame.Dashboard
Error    4    Metadata file 'E:\SageFrame\SageFrameV2_Source\SageFrame.Core\bin\Debug\SageFrame.Core.dll' could not be found    SageFrame.ModuleManager
Error    5    Metadata file 'E:\SageFrame\SageFrameV2_Source\SageFrame\bin\SageFrame.Pages.dll' could not be found    SageFrame.MenuManager
Error    6    Metadata file 'E:\SageFrame\SageFrameV2_Source\SageFrame.Core\bin\Debug\SageFrame.Core.dll' could not be found    SageFrame.MenuManager
Error    7    Metadata file 'E:\SageFrame\SageFrameV2_Source\SageFrame.Core\bin\Debug\SageFrame.Core.dll' could not be found    SageFrame.PortalManagement
Error    8    Metadata file 'E:\SageFrame\SageFrameV2_Source\SageFrame.Core\bin\Debug\SageFrame.Core.dll' could not be found    SageFrame.BreadCrum
Error    9    Metadata file 'E:\SageFrame\SageFrameV2_Source\SageFrame.Core\bin\Debug\SageFrame.Core.dll' could not be found    SageFrame.Localization
Error    10    Metadata file 'E:\SageFrame\SageFrameV2_Source\SageFrame.Core\bin\Debug\SageFrame.Core.dll' could not be found    SageFrame.SageBanner
Error    11    Metadata file 'E:\SageFrame\SageFrameV2_Source\SageFrame.Core\bin\Debug\SageFrame.Core.dll' could not be found    SageFrame.SEOExtension
Error    12    Metadata file 'E:\SageFrame\SageFrameV2_Source\SageFrame.Core\bin\Debug\SageFrame.Core.dll' could not be found    SageFrame.FileManager
Error    15    The type or namespace name 'BreadCrum' does not exist in the namespace 'SageFrame' (are you missing an assembly reference?)    E:\SageFrame\SageFrameV2_Source\SageFrame\Controls\ctl_AdminBreadCrum.ascx.cs    32   
Error    16    'SageFrame.Core.Properties.Settings' does not contain a definition for 'SFBetaConnectionString' and no extension method 'SFBetaConnectionString' accepting a first argument of type 'SageFrame.Core.Properties.Settings' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)    E:\SageFrame\SageFrameV2_Source\SageFrame.Core\SageFrame.ModuleControls\ModuleControls.designer.cs    36    61    SageFrame.Core

 

Can anybody tell me what is the issue on source code?

Apr 16, 2012 at 10:48 AM
Edited Apr 16, 2012 at 10:48 AM

I ran into the same error when trying to run it from vs2010 in dot net framework 4.0. And  a workaround seems to work fine

Inside the SageFrame.Core project, there are two other sub projects that use LINQ. One is the SageFrame.ListManagement and other is SageFrame.ModuleControls.

Open their .designer.cs and change the name of the connection string in both

public ModuleControlsDataContext() : 
				base(global::SageFrame.Core.Properties.Settings.Default.SageFrameConnectionString, mappingSource)
		{
			OnCreated();
		}

i.e. Change the connection string from SFBetaConnectionString to SageFrameConnectionString

Next what I did was opened the "Modules/FeedBack/ContactUs.ascx.cs" and changed the namespace

using SageFrame.ListManagement;

TO

using SageFrame.Core.SageFrame.ListManagement;


Apr 17, 2012 at 12:52 PM

Hi, thanks for you reply...

I succeeded.

Thanks

Apr 23, 2012 at 9:57 AM

it worked out for me too. it was was very helpful.

Thanks

Regards,

Megan