Editing the Top Posts Blog Module

Feb 5, 2015 at 4:08 PM
Hello,
How can I change the top posts blog module to show all my blog postings instead of just the 5 most recent. Is there something that I can change in the cs or ascx file. I am not a back end developer so any help would be appreciated.
Thanks!
Coordinator
Feb 9, 2015 at 9:08 AM
Dear Sir;

How are you. To show all your blog you need to go in Dashboard and then and on Tools menu select SQL Query Analyser and paste this procedure:

ALTER PROC [dbo].[usp_SmartBlogGetTopPost]
AS
BEGIN
SELECT PostID,PostTitle FROM [dbo].[SmartBlogPost] WHERE Verified=1 ORDER BY PostID DESC
END

then execute the the query.
But this may changes your design views.

Note: If you have access for Database you can change from backed also.(Database).
For that : Go to the database and
click on programmability and click on Procedure
Right click on usp_SmartBlogGetTopPost and click on Modify .
Paste this procedure and Execute it.

Thank you.

Regards:
Support Team.
Feb 9, 2015 at 6:56 PM
Hi,

I have followed your instructions for pasting the procedure from the user interface and I have gotten a message saying "There is an error with your query!" Please advise a solution.

Thanks!
Coordinator
Feb 10, 2015 at 3:59 AM
Dear Sir;

How are you. After paste the procedure ,click on check box "Run as Script" and then Execute.
then you will get the message Query has been executed Successfully.

Thank you.

Regards:
Support Team
Feb 10, 2015 at 4:09 PM
Hello,

I have another question regarding the blogs widget. When I post a new blog and click "post" instead of saying "post saved successfully" it will say "Post saved successfully. It goes for moderation review" Where do I find the blog in moderation review and how can I change this so the content will just post.

Thanks.
Coordinator
Feb 11, 2015 at 5:10 AM
Dear Sir,

In order to post a blog directly, you have to login as superuser. Other users can save a blog but it needs to be approved by superuser in order to be published. That is why you are getting the message “Post saved successfully. It goes for moderation review”. Your posts are now as unapproved posts, which can be approved by the superuser and only then the contents can be viewed.

Thank you.

Best Regards,
Support Team
Feb 12, 2015 at 10:35 PM
We have 3 users and all of them are set to superusers yet I still can not directly post a blog under my login which is a superuser, can only one user be a superuser?
Coordinator
Feb 13, 2015 at 5:17 AM
Dear Sir,

It is ok to have multiple superuser. But the full authority lies only within the superuser with login username: superuser (i.e. the first superuser who has assigned roles to other users as superuser). So, in this case of blog posting, the unapproved posts can be approved only by the superuser with username: superuser.
Please let us know which version of SageFrame are you using now? And also, there is a small update in one of the js file so, please provide us your email address so that we can send you the updated file.

With Thanks and Regards,
Support Team