Some entry questions

Mar 27, 2014 at 9:45 AM
Edited Mar 27, 2014 at 12:28 PM
Hello,

I returned to SageFrame with the current new release and it seems great to me.
A have some questions:
  • what is the difference between SageFrame and SageEver?
  • on your site I saw some examples (e.g. example 1 or example 2 ) where there are on the front page some widgets that displays something like latest post(s) or latest news. I did not find a way of doing this with my current installation, or at least I don't know how.
  • regarding this aspect is there something similar for events (I think events that being something that have at least a start and an end date, a location and description e.g. something suitable for a theater for displaying the monthly representations)?
  • is there a way for adding to a specific page extra js and css (e.g. for very specific constructions like flippers, sliders etc.)?
  • is there a way for implementing a MegaMenu (with respect to the existing sitemap)?
thank you

L.E.
I have another question:
I started to implement a two language version of the demo site provided, I have no clue about how to make available the banner slider in the second language; also how to deal with the menu in the second language?
Coordinator
Apr 1, 2014 at 6:28 AM
Dear net4u,

First of all thank you for loving our product, SageFrame.
  • SageFrame is Community version,its free.
    where Sagever is pro version and its not free, we will be there to support you 24 hrs.
    Sagever has came with innumerable handy features and functionalities such as:
    Content Approval Workflow
    Responsive Design
    Single Click Install
    Customizable Dashboard
    Content Delivery Network
    Personalized Dashboard
    Templating
    Page Management and many more features.
  • For SageFrame2.1, you can get latest post from ReadMore module. Go through this link.
    http://sageframe.com/Extensions.aspx
    And for SageFrame 3.0, you will soon get the updated ReadMore module.
  • Yes, we have module that manages events named EventManager module but it hasnot been added in SageFrame 2.1, it will be soon added in new extension of SageFrame 3.0.
  • Yes you can add js and css as per your need. You have to include in Source code as:
    IncludeJs("JqueryDemo","/Modules/YourModules/YourScriptFolder/Yourjs.js");
    IncludeJs("CssDemo","/Modules/YourModules/YourCssFolder/Yourcss.css");
  • Yes you can implement MegaMenu but its a developer work and it need to make the MegaMenu module.If you wish then our developer will create MegaModule for you.
  • For Banner Slider, Click on Edit icon of Banner Slider in Preview mode. From Edit tab, Click Edit icon of your Banner name. Click on HTML Content>>Add HtmlContent Then add your HTML content in your language. Now Banner SLider will available in your language.
  • Firstly From Dashboard>>Localization. From Add Language, add your language. The added language will appear in table below. Then in your added language, Check the Enabled checkbox.
    Click the Localize Menu.
    Select your Language from dropdownlist of Available Locales.
    Add your default language values in Local Values and Caption in Local Caption.
    Click on Save and you can get menu in your added language.
Hope that you are having a wonderful time with SageFrame. If you have any more query, then kindly mail to "support@sageframe.com"

Regards
SageFrame Support
Apr 1, 2014 at 1:13 PM
Edited Apr 1, 2014 at 1:37 PM
thank you for your response.

first of all I have to say that I use the latest version 3.0 and I plan to use a two language implementation (in my case the default English and the secondary Romanian )
I started with all initial in English.
Following your advices I made some progress in some aspects, but not in all. Most concerns are about localization.
1.) for example when I switch to secondary language the logo of the site is missing. ( Image and Image
2.) if I made the localization of the menu as you explained, is visible and is working in the current browser (meaning obvious that I am also login as superuser), but in other browser where I am guest I have the menu not localized (as it is in starting status of the process; here maybe is useful to explain that when I make the (new) pages I give them the names, caption and page titles already in the secondary language; maybe that is not a best practice in this case; I will consider to change all that is related to page names back in English) (Image and then Image ) -> L.E. after I made also some changes in various resx files I observed that the menu begin to display correct also in other browser, so I suppose that is something cache related.
3.) also I noticed a somehow strange behavior of the top Main Menu when it renders submenus: the submenus are somehow diluted and not reflect what I expect from the corresponding css ruleImage

In what concerns the slider banner I has not able to do with your method, but my workaround was to define a secondary banner where I make the text in the desired secondary language and this worked for me. here I noticed that if I make any change to the html text, somehow the image that I already choose is lost (I have an error massage about an invalid file extension) I have to choose again the file but with this in related folders are generated for every choose various copies of the file : e.g. for slide1.png I will have 1slide1.png the 11slide1.png etc.) Image and as result in folder: Image
Apr 1, 2014 at 6:30 PM
Edited Apr 1, 2014 at 8:07 PM
sageframe wrote:
  • For SageFrame2.1, you can get latest post from ReadMore module. Go through this link.
    http://sageframe.com/Extensions.aspx
    And for SageFrame 3.0, you will soon get the updated ReadMore module.
  • Yes, we have module that manages events named EventManager module but it hasnot been added in SageFrame 2.1, it will be soon added in new extension of SageFrame 3.0.
  • Yes you can add js and css as per your need. You have to include in Source code as:
    IncludeJs("JqueryDemo","/Modules/YourModules/YourScriptFolder/Yourjs.js");
    IncludeJs("CssDemo","/Modules/YourModules/YourCssFolder/Yourcss.css");
In what concerns ReadMore and EventManager modules, I understand that are not (yet) compatible with 3.0 version? Also it can be used in a "teaser" mode (I mean a kind of widget or similar that permits to display on the page where is dropped a limited (and configured) number of news or events) ?
L.E. 1
I did not find nothing like EventManager in Extensions sections: TEXT (btw. maybe is useful to ad more descriptions and compatibility about extensions and modules)
L.E. 2
Regarding to MegaMenu I will take a look to the extension provided by you (it seems to me that is not compatible with 3.0 version). At the first look I see that it use a jQuery plugin. I don't want to commentate about this, because I have no idea about how to implement as Module or Extension, but I done a MegaMenu for use in static sites that is strictly implemented in HML/CSS without any need of jQuery (I can provide sample of code if considered).( MegaMenuLink )
Coordinator
Apr 2, 2014 at 12:24 PM
Dear net4u,

It seems that you got difficulties in understanding the localization in SageFrame.
Localization is the process of representing data in the language you want. Everything in SageFrame is localized.

1) To display logo in respective switched language, you must upload two images in the respective language.
To display logo --> For Example
For this login via superuser
see your logo I think its uploaded in English
then switch your language to Romania
you will see there is no logo
upload the logo that people will see when they switch to Romania
the logo may be same one or different.

While using localization in SageFrame, data are loaded according to culture code. So, while switching to second language, you need to enter data of corresponding languages. If you don't enter then data will be missed. That's why you have to upload different image for different language even for a module.

2) Same thing goes for every modules in SageFrame except for menu. You have to manage menu from dashboard because menu link URL can't be localize but only the data that user sees can be.

3) If you need to customize submenus css, then change it through template.css which is located in Template folder.

About 1slide1.png and 11slide1.png, this is because you have uploaded two file with same name, so give unique name to each file system add the name reliable to it.

4) Regarding MegaMenu, If you wish to build custom "MegaMenu using HTML/CSS" module then as a sample for creating module in SageFrame, go through this link http://www.sageframe.com/Documentation.aspx

Regards,
SageFrame Support
Apr 3, 2014 at 12:14 PM
Hello

Thank you for your responses.
I started to accommodate with more stuff so I addressed some of concerns (e.g. Localization and so on).
I am still not able to deal with issue 3) regarding the rendering of submenu. Unfortunately I am still not able to identify the correct css class that deal with submenu for having a correct rendered submenu.
In what concern 4) I will investigate when I understand more clear the architecture of the framework (e.g. in this moment I investigate you MegaMenu module for 2.x but I don't understand yet the implementation)

Best regards
Coordinator
Apr 4, 2014 at 6:45 AM
Dear net4u,

Regarding the customization of submenu,
Go to Templates Module Folder>>Boxed-Layout>>css>>template.css

Below of the css code:
.sf-menu li.sfActive a { background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2) !important; color:#fff;}
.sf-menu li a:hover { background:rgba(255,255,255,0.2); color: #fff;}
Add the given css code to customize submenus:
.sf-menu li ul li a, .sf-menu li ul li a:hover { color: #333;}
(Here for color properties { color: #333;} we have given you sample, You can add color as your wish)

Concerning about MegaMenu module, without the knowledge of Module development you can't develop custom MegaMenu, in SageFrame to develop module is not a big deal. If you wish to develop module and if you get problem while developing module then kindly post in http://forum.sageframe.com/ We will surely help to sort out your issues.

Regards,
SageFrame Support