Fav icon ???

May 20, 2012 at 8:03 AM

Can anyone tell me how do i change the favicon in sageframe?

Thnx !

May 20, 2012 at 8:44 AM
Edited May 20, 2012 at 8:46 AM

Hello Spunkgeek,

Changing favicon is very easy. For that you need to follow the following steps:

•  Select or create an icon that you want to use as a favicon. Make sure it must be of 16x16 pixel in size.
  • You can also convert the required image to “favicon.ico” using the FavIcon Generator”.  Simply click the “Browse” button to locate your favicon.png or favicon.gif file, and then click the “Create Icon” button to convert your image. The generator will then provide you with a favicon.ico version of your required image.
  • Now replace the “favicon.ico” in the unzipped folder. For example if you want to change the favicon for furniture template in SageFrame, all you need to do is replace the favicon.ico by newly created favicon in this directory inside the unzipped SageFrame folder SageFrame>Templates>furniture
  • Likewise you can changes the icons for other templates too.

Try it and see if it works or not !

Thanks.

Regards,

Manika Limbu

May 20, 2012 at 9:18 AM

Hello Manika,

Thnx for the help.

Its working. I have another question too. For instance if i want to keep favicon named america.ico instead of favicon.ico. Will it work?

Regards,

Kevin

May 20, 2012 at 9:49 AM

It will definitely work. But you must make a small change in the Default.aspx page . For that you got to open your SageFrame website in Visual studio. In the solution explorer, you can find Default.aspx page. In that page just change the href from “favicon.ico” to “america.ico” as shown below:

<link type="icon shortcut" runat="server" id="favicon" media="icon" href="america.ico" />

Try it :)

Cheers!